This section contains a summary of the custom content, rules clarifications, and adapted material in use in the campaign. Many of the details described here are to create a satisfying blend of mystery, flexibility, and self-consistency within the framework of the published Wilderlands of High Fantasy setting and the D&D 3.5 ruleset.
- Character Creation
- Regions of the Wilderlands
- Wilderlands-specific campaign constraints (literacy, technology, travel)
- Gods of the Wilderlands (a sampling thereof)
- Ethnography (and name examples)
- Tech Level
- The Planes
- The Material Plane (including moons, constellations, etc.)
- Historic Periods
- Company Charter: The Windless Ring
The first three sections below, and the spell point system, are adapted from Unearthed Arcana, as transcribed on www.d20srd.org.
- Contacts (see page at d20srd.org)
- Sanity (see page at d20srd.org)
- Sanity rules are too obnoxious – great idea, but too much bookkeeping. Certain mind-bending situations may call for Wisdom checks or Will saves to avoid Wisdom damage.
- Racial Levels and ECL
- Death & Resurrection
- Spellcasting and Psionics
- New and Improved Feats
- New and modified classes
- Linguistic Considerations
- Skill Clarification: Craft, Knowledge, Perform